CBD Dog Treats
CBD Dog Treats - Beef Flavored Cookies
Made in the USA! These yummy treats contain full spectrum hemp cannabinoids (2.5mg per treat) grown in Kentucky. Approx 33 treats per bag. Recommended dosage for dogs is 1 to 5 mg for every 10 pounds. So if your dog weighs 10 pounds, you'd give them 1/2 cookie per day. If they weight 20 pounds, you'd give them one cookie per day, etc. Why hemp cannabinoids? Because dogs have the same endocannabinoid system as humans. The endocannabinoid system involves physiological processes such as appetite, pain sensation, mood and memory. Hemp oil comes from the seeds of the hemp plant and is a natural supplement rich in nutrients. These treats are soy free, corn free, grain free and free of any artificial ingredients.
There's only one reason why you wouldn't want to use hemp oil as part of your dogs diet. If you feed your dog a lot of chicken, then don't add hemp oil to their diet. This is because they're both high in polyunsaturated fats which can cause an imbalance.
Here are several reasons why hemp oil may be beneficial to your precious angel(s).
- GLA (gammalinolenic acid). This is an omega-6 fatty acid in hemp and an essential building block for prostaglandins in the body. The prostaglandins are hormone-like substances that help control inflammation. If you, or your pet is deficient in GLA, it can lead to arthritis, allergies, premature aging, digestive issues, diabetes and even cancer. It can also cause skin problems (their coats). A Journal of Arthritis and Rheumatism showed that GLA in hemp seeds reduced arthritis symptoms by 25% (placebo was only 4%).
- Omega-3 and Omega-6. Hemp oil contains the ideal ration of 1:3 of omega-3 to omega-6. A good balance of these fats is vital because they work synergistically in the body. They work together to manage inflammation. Too much omega-6 raises inflammation. To much omega-3 can cause immune dysfunction, so you want the right balance.
- Antioxidants. Hemp oil contains vitamin E and vitamin A (carotene). These are the antioxidants that help the immune system by fighting free radical damage. Free radicals can occur when your dog absorbs toxins from — pesticides, processed foods, pollution, drugs, vaccines, chemicals. They cause oxidative stress which damages cells, proteins and DNA. These vitamins can also increase natural killer cells, which helps to slow the decline of immune response as your dog ages.
- Phospholipids. Phospholipids are molecules that form part of the outer membrane of cells in the body. They help the cell maintain its internal structure and environment — called homeostasis. Phospholipids helps manage inflammation and arthritis pain, reduces gastric acid, inhibiting tumor growth in cancer, lowers cardiovascular disease risks, improves cognitive disorders and brain health, boosts immune function, and repairs liver damage.
- No Side Effects — safer than fish oil because there are no reported side effects from using hemp oil for dogs.